Monday, July 2, 2012

2 Weeks.

2 weeks before I'm induced.

Here's a glimpse into my life right now:

*I am already dilated and 40% effaced. My midwife is planning some natural induction techniques, and say it won't be a surprise if I have natural labor before my induction date. Yay! (That my body is already working. He can come whenever he's healthy and ready.)


*I'm having practice contractions more and more often. I hardly recognize them, they don't hurt me at all, but my midwife pointed out that they will make my entire stomach rock-hard. So yes, I constantly push around my belly to check :)

*Dragon doesn't move much anymore, but he almost always has hiccups (so I know he's ok). His hiccups are so strong you can see my belly pulsate :)

*I'm feeling AWESOME. I am so comfortable (except for the melting, record-breaking heat wave that's started.) I can still sleep through the night, I only slightly waddle, I'm not sick of being pregnant AT ALL, but I am really really ready to have my baby.

*I realized poor Ben hasn't gone through many rights-of-passage of expectant dads: He's escaped midnight craving runs, putting my shoes on me, getting woken up by multiple bathroom trips, and constant complaining. Anyone else agree he has it pretty easy?

*I am starting to feel pretty crazy in preparing for the baby. Everyone says you can't be completely prepared. To them I say, "WATCH ME." :) I have lists EVERYWHERE, and constantly a pen and pad of paper nearby.
Some of my lists:
- What to do for baby before he comes
- What to do with Ben before baby
- Things to buy for baby
- What to pack in hospital bag
- What to cook/ freeze before baby


* Question to all moms: The last couple of days I've had moments of sadness sneak up on me. It's pretty startling, considering how much I love being pregnant and how happy I've been this entire time. It feels like random glimpses of PPD and the hormone plummet I'll experience later. So my question is this: Is that a sign that labor is coming or something? Do pregnancy hormones start to plummet (or change, at least) as you get closer to the end? I can't think of any other reason for this, and I don't like it, so I need a reason!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that hormones shift before labor starts, but for me it was the end of the baby being mine...

    This may not make any sense. Let me explain.

    I was always aware of the fact that babies are born to a whole family, to Moms and Dads and Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents, but the whole time I was pregnant, I always felt like the baby was just mine. Just for those 40 weeks, and at the end of it, well, then they belong to the whole family. So for my part, it was the only reason I was really sad at the end. (I don't do pregnancy gracefully or well.)

    But I'm pretty sure that the hormones shift in a big way before the onset of labor. And it makes sense, your body is shifting from carriage to nourishment and nurture. So your prolactin levels are picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting so excited for you!! Enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy!! I just blame my emotions on hormones, the blessings of being a woman :)

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear your comments, but have updated our comment settings due to a high number of spam messages. We hope you understand and still take the time to share your thoughts!