Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Latest... 25 weeks!

{this post is dedicated to Eve; the latest person to encourage me to get off my butt and update you!}

Holy Cow... 25 weeks!!
~13.5 in. long
~1.5 lbs. 

the B.U.M.P.
{Ben took these pix of me in front of a white sheet thrown over our projector screen.  They are all on his Blackberry, since our nice camera takes two hands, and his right arm is still in a sling from surgery.  Way to improvise, right?}





so E.X.C.I.T.E.D.

I am so so so so stinking excited for this little girl.  I think about her all.the.time.!!!  I have compiled a playlist of songs that remind me of her, or of being a new parent, to listen to to help control my random baby thoughts.  Most of the songs make me cry... they are so sweet, and our baby girl is so perfect. I am constantly crying while I'm driving, on my computer at home, going for a walk.... Because I listen to that music all day long! I love that music can add some cohesion to the random flood of emotions, thoughts, and words that make up life.  Thank you, music. 


so P.R.E.P.A.R.E.D.

my AMAZING sister, Brett, has offered to make some baby clothes for us! She is so creative and handy with a sewing machine, and I have been admiring her kid's clothes for years.  I am so stoked for the opportunity to get whatever I want! I have decided on a few different dress/ skirt ideas (remember I design my own onesies), and even a nursing tunic.  Here is what I've picked out:



I figure we will get plenty of pink-ish things as gifts, so I'm going for other "girly" looks that I can control-- turquoise, gold, purple, and gray! I can't wait to see what Brett comes up with :)

Also.... We got our crib delivered and set-up! 
I've designed and re-decorated the guest room/ baby nursery, but Ben really wanted to be the one to set up her crib.  He just had shoulder surgery, so everything was done with just his left hand! 


Something about having her crib set up makes the nursery feel so real.  I can just imagine our precious girl sleeping in it soon! I am totally crazy about this crib.  It is the DaVinci Alpha Mini Crib

Features:
-The only crib with a rocking bottom (with stoppers) to rock the baby back to sleep
-Includes casters and is slim to easily move between rooms (eliminating the need for a separate bassinette to keep in our room when she is a newborn)
-Teething guard on both sides
-4 adjustable sizes
-Great for use up to about 18 months, then we can transition to a real bed
-As a mini crib, takes up less room than traditional cribs.  We need all the space we can squeeze out of this dual room!

so A.N.N.O.Y.E.D.


As you can see, I haven't gained a ton of weight during this pregnancy.  In fact, I'm not even 10 lbs. over my pre-pregnancy weight.  Sounds great, but, to be honest, I can't wait to be huge! I try to eat throughout the day, I have a protein shake with a meal every day, switched back to eating some meat (especially fatty stuff like bacon and sausage) all in an effort to gain weight.

So I'm actually pretty sensitive to people saying I don't look pregnant. 

I know it is a cultural thing to be as fit as possible, so maybe people say things like, "You're pregnant? Where?" "You can't be too far along." "Where are you hiding the baby?" "You're so small!" as a way to be nice.  Sure, anyone else would take that as a compliment-- whether it's sincere or not.  But don't be nice to me.  It may be small, and not visible unless I'm wearing a fitted shirt, but I DO have a baby bump, and I'm very proud of it! 

Hearing those things makes me feel like a bad mom.  I do not care about my image more than the health of my baby. Yes, I'm eating.  No, I don't diet. I'm trying to be the best mom I can be already-- which means putting my feet up as much as possible and eating whatever I want (usually with whipped cream). 

So just try to be understanding, ok? 

Wow... Sorry for the mind dump! I hope you all still love me :) 

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I follow your blog!! Ok first I have to say how I love your crib and that is has teething guards. Definitely didn't' think about that earlier so now I deal with the consequences, lol. Second off your baby bump is SO cute!!!! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look huge. :) Love you tons girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about how tubby you looked and Ben too... I mean with his shirt off you can see he's been eating bacon with you:) Hehe... People would say things like "what are you 3 months pregnant?" when I was obviously like 7 or 8 months. My favorite was "you don't look pregnant from the back." What does that even mean? Did they expect to see a baby back bump too? I would hope I don't look pregnant from the back. Anyway, people are just trying to be nice. Bless their hearts. We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude you're ENORMOUS! Are you going to make it to December?

    :)

    Of course you're a great mom! And it's all genetics, sweetie. We all carry babies differently. Don't sweat it. Just blame your mom! Moms are great for that kind of thing!

    And you LUCKED out getting Brett to do all that sewing for you! Jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment on my blog made me laugh because as soon as I saw your new profile picture I thought "Yay! She's going to write a post today." haha. Until a few weeks ago, I had no real baby belly at all. Everyone said "You don't even look pregnant!" in a super nice and peppy voice like it was supposed to make me happy. Except, it didn't. I had been losing weight and worrying about the baby not getting enough nutrients so that was really the last thing I wanted to hear. So sad that our society is THAT obsessed with being thin that it is still considered desirable in a condition where the opposite is supposed to happen. But don't worry, about 2 weeks ago it just suddenly "pooped out" and now I feel like it is HUGE. It will happen for you too, just whenever the time is right for YOUR BODY. You can't let anyone elses normal define you because that isn't being fair to yourself. And don't let anyone else do that to you either! At least you know they mean well even if that isn't how ti makes you feel.
    And I love the idea of the playlist. I really need to do that! What you said about it helping get the energy out makes so much sense! Sometimes I feel like I am literally about to jump out of my skin I'm so restless. So channelling that into something positive = great idea.
    And to answer your question about a diary, I haven't really other than the blog. I may after I find out if it is a boy or girl. I feel bad even saying this but I think that will help me feel more connected. I already love him or her to pieces but I think talking to him or her will be easier when I don't have to call him or her, him or her. :)
    Also, it's still being weird about letting me comment. I don't know why. It shows up fine on my phone, which I was going to use yesterday but I had way to much to say to keep typing on that thing! :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear your comments, but have updated our comment settings due to a high number of spam messages. We hope you understand and still take the time to share your thoughts!