Monday, January 11, 2010

The Song


When I opened the can and Ben pulled out the ring box the song Love Story started playing from the woods. I was SO IMPRESSED. It was the perfect extra touch, and I had no idea how he pulled it off. That wasn't really on my mind, though :)

Taylor Swift's Love Story is one of my favorite modern songs. I think it's fun to sing along to, I think it is really cleverly written, I can sympathize with the "narrator" (what girl can't). It makes me happy.

Ben had it queued up to a part at the end that goes like this:
"I said, 'Romeo, save me. I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you but you never come. Is this in my head I don't know what to think.' He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said, 'MARRY ME, JULIET, YOU NEVER HAVE TO BE ALONE. I LOVE YOU AND THAT'S ALL I REALLY KNOW.' "

That part of the song has always made me smile and helped me look forward to getting engaged while I was in less-happy relationships in the past, and here Ben was making that daydream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear your comments, but have updated our comment settings due to a high number of spam messages. We hope you understand and still take the time to share your thoughts!